Moving house in the Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield areas as safely as possible during the Coronavirus
The government has now amended the coronavirus (COVID-19) regulations to make clear that people who wish to move home can do so. This guidance provides important public health information to ensure that moving home can happen safely.
The Removals industry including professional organisations and associations working in tandem with the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) have now provided the clear guidance required to implement risk mitigation procedures for removers and their clients.
Implementing the necessary safe working practices will inevitably have some impacts on the scheduling and resourcing of a move and so we strongly advise that you discuss all such considerations in detail with Bells of Erdington as part of the moving process to provide clarity for both parties and to minimize any uncertainty regarding implementing Government guidelines and to keep us all as safe as possible.
Initially we would encourage you to contact us as early as possible in advance of your move.
Will you have to move your own belongings?
No. Bells of Erdington is now be allowed to move your belongings for you, but with some restrictions. You and your household should try and do as much of the packing yourself as possible. However, where this is not possible, we will pack and move your belongings for you.
What preparations should you make prior to the move?
- You should clean your belongings with standard domestic cleaning products before asking our movers and packers to handle them.
- All doors should be kept open at all times during the move, to minimize the touching of any surfaces.
- Door handles wiped down along with other surfaces after each visit.
- Washing facilities should be offered to enable all parties to regularly wash their hands, however our movers will have their own hand sanitizers.
- Think about how you can maintain a distance of at least 2 metres where possible. Perhaps leave the house completely having left clear plans with Bells of Erdington as to how you wish us to proceed.
- You should not provide refreshments .
What additional guidelines will Bells of Erdington implement?
- We will ensure our employees understand how to operate safely at all times.
- We will bring our own hand sanitiser.
- We will wear face masks at all times.
- We will operate a ”buddy” system, so the same pairs carry bulky furniture or equipment each time.
- We will contact you in advance to check that no member of the household is showing symptoms of coronavirus or self-isolating. If they are, works should be delayed.
- We will wash our hands on entering the property using separate towels which will be taken away with us after use.
- We will bring our own cold refreshments .
What happens if either party shows any symptoms of Coronavirus?
If any of our removal workers show even the mildest symptoms they will not be involved in the move, while if someone in your home is symptomatic ,self-isolating, or shielding the move should be delayed.
Contact Bells of Erdington for your House removal Sutton Coldfield Birmingham
For more information on our professional, reliable and competitively priced house removal or office relocation covering the Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield areas, give Kenny Bell a call on 0121 350 9229 or 07903 501979, alternatively email Bells of Erdington using firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you shortly.